Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a question on this 500 mule. It was running and once it warmed up it died. Now I have no spark. I have tested the coil, the ignitor and checked the plug everything seems to be ok. Does anyone have any ideas?:confused:

So I have checked all the grommets and insulators and they are all ok, does anyone have anymore ideas?

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I suspect the grommet on the internal wiring harness is the culprit. Go to Kawasaki.com and follow the User Info links to the parts diagrams, and look for the Generator/Ignition Coil listing. Look at the diagram and locate part #92170A which is the insulator for the ignition lead that runs to the coil/exciter, then check that on the machine.

Also, if the insulator for the igniter is missing they will not have spark. Look at part #16073 to locate that and its mounting.

There is also a grommet on the outboard side of the ignition lead, and if it gets cut through it can ground out the ignition lead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.