Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
TURN SIGNALS

There is one of the Fourm Members trying to sell his bie that has Carbon-fiber turn signals on it...but you could run just about anything that you could imagine. You could remove the stock ones and do anytype of aftermarket that you wanted, from regular Lamp bulbs to the newest LED's. Check out the Forum there is another member on that will sell them at a discount to us because his dad ownds a business. Turn signals are really important but so is the brake light...so IF you are going to change signals I would definately go for the brighter longer-lasting less current draw BRAKE LED's as well.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
TURN SIGNALS

You guys need to seriously take a look around at the local automotive retail shops...Pep Boys, Advance Auto Parts, O'Riellys, NAPA, even some of the larger Motorcycle shops...there is even a guy on this FORUM selling them. Because his dad owns the business he is giving us a discount on them. I'm not being rude, please don't think that...I think that it is a matter of safety...even Kawasaki is replacing bulbs with LED's right now for tail lights/brake lights...turn signals are almost as important... I'm a self-proclaimed safety geek...I guess. I believe in serious helmets (you only have one head and neck, and I beleive in leathers or heavy riding gear including gloves when it's 100degrees outside...skin grafts or even just a hospital visit in the ER will cost more than the leathers. Talk with your dealer, talk with your bike friends, use the computer to find what you want if you can't find it locally. Boots, I believe in are military tie up, but I have had a sprain once in 30 years...if you have the money buy the good ones in the magazine other wise buy the 10-12 inch tie ups...I could go on about safety things but I think that you get the idea...LIKE tires, even if you don't have a motor, justa frame and you roll it down a big hill the tires are ALL that keep you on hte road and upright...buy the best that you can...for the money spent it too is cheaper than the ER one time...I know...I've been there...Let's just say that Bell Helmets has completely replaced my helmet twice...and that I have T-boned drunk drivers both times that turned directly in front of me. I have been through the air and over the cars twice now. I have ben on the training team for MSF and believe me there was no way either time that it could have been prevented...if you want details I can get deeper...just buy the best that you can put your life on...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts