Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a posting by freakinout that said that rejetting is easy and after doing it myself, i must agree. The instructions can be hard to follow, so for anyone thinking about rejetting here are step by step instructions with pics. Feel free to ask questions. There are a lot of high resolution pics so somtimes the site times out due going over my data transfer limit...if it does that just check back later. Well i hope this is helpful to some people. www.geocities.com/scottbri409/Dynojet.html

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
Be carefull with the DynoJet Jet Kit. I just got my bike back from the shop yesterday from being DynoTuned by guys that specializes in bikes & drag bikes.

According the shop, the DynoJet kit has you modify the slides wrong. It took 2 1/2 days on the dyno for the shop to work around the modification so I woulnd't need to replace the slides with new ones.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what shop do you go to ? I was considering going to DDS, but man their prices are higher than any other place I have seen. I just got back from the first test ride after i finished putting the carbs back in following the advice of this... http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtune,CV,high_rpm_engines.html

It seemed to run well, started right up and idled around 1,200rpms and after i got back from the ride was idling at 1,600 rpms. Does that sound normal or do i just have to readjust the idle now that the carbs are rejetted?

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
r409z said:
what shop do you go to ? I was considering going to DDS, but man their prices are higher than any other place I have seen. I just got back from the first test ride after i finished putting the carbs back in following the advice of this... http://www.factorypro.com/tech/carbtune,CV,high_rpm_engines.html

It seemed to run well, started right up and idled around 1,200rpms and after i got back from the ride was idling at 1,600 rpms. Does that sound normal or do i just have to readjust the idle now that the carbs are rejetted?
I took my bike to Mohawk Automotive, 900 South Street, Utica, NY. They have a CycleDyne Dyno that they use to Dyno Tune bikes. I'm please with the job they did.

Also, yea, after you rejet, you normally need to adjust the idle. I keep my idle about 1,100-1,200. Seems to idle smooth there.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice. It will be a few days before I can ride again. When I put my gas tank back on it didn't sit in the rubber boots firmly and made a chirping sound when it vibrated, so I had to take it apart today. I planned on painting it down the road when I get a full lower faring, but I decided it would be a good time to paint it now since I have a week off from work and I can still paint and add the lower piece later. I will post more pics in a few days when I am all done. Orange pearl =) By then I should have enough done to keep me happy for a while.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts