Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok is there anywhere that has a selection of these with sound clips? So far i have met a guy with a vance and hines, pretty sure that was the name) single pipe system and it sounded like **** IMO. It was like if you mixed a harley with a fart can. SO does anyone else have some input on a good system with pics of the actual ones? I would prefer to keep the duals cause they look kinda pimp but the 1/2" pipes don't.

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
mianus said:
So far i have met a guy with a vance and hines, pretty sure that was the name) single pipe system and it sounded like sh*t IMO.
Really, I thought my V&H made my 500R sound like a pissed off dirt bike :lol: Rather than the angry 4-wheeler that the stock pipes make it sound like. :lol:

·
Registered
429 Posts
i just finished my rejet today and my bike is ready for the exhaust which should come via UPS tomorrow...ill get back to u with how it sounds... All aftermarket exhausts are going to be single pipe unless you just get slipons.

·
Registered
49 Posts
re: Muzzy

Hey, I got a Full Muzzy 2-1 Exhaust system on my bike, but I dont know of any web hosting place that will let a file thats almost 3mb be uploaded .. for free that is, so if you got MSN or something I can try sending it to you, (I doubt my pos email will send something over 2mb)

---- actually know what ill go out now and record a smaller file... but I think it will still be to big to put on the inet with these crappy ass 0.5mb limit web hosts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Somewhere on the web there are mp3s of a muzzy exhaust. You may be able to just search for muzzy mp3 or something and find them.

r409z said:
i just finished my rejet today and my bike is ready for the exhaust which should come via UPS tomorrow...ill get back to u with how it sounds... All aftermarket exhausts are going to be single pipe unless you just get slipons.
Wouldn't you want to rejet after you get the exhaust? How can you tune it for the new exhaust if you don't have it? Or are you just taking an approximate guess and going with that?

·
Registered
429 Posts
i did the rejet first so as soon as the exhaust comes i can slap it on and then do all the fine tuning. It is on backorder until monday :evil: And since the engine is rejetted and not meant for a stock exhaust and I have a few days where I cant really ride, I am painting the bike orange.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i put the D & D pipes on today....they are friggen LOUD! I am a little upset I had to take the centerstand off to make it fit. I am also having problems getting the lower faring back on. It's almost like it wont fit.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Re: re: Muzzy

KawaNinja said:
Hey, I got a Full Muzzy 2-1 Exhaust system on my bike, but I dont know of any web hosting place that will let a file thats almost 3mb be uploaded .. for free that is, so if you got MSN or something I can try sending it to you, (I doubt my pos email will send something over 2mb)

---- actually know what ill go out now and record a smaller file... but I think it will still be to big to put on the inet with these crappy ass 0.5mb limit web hosts
I put the movie/sound clip he had on my webspace

right click and save as

http://www.freakinout.com/video/ryanmuzzy.MOV

·
Registered
429 Posts
mianus said:
OK heard the d&d the other day too and thats a negative.
seems to me like you are hoping to get a4 cylinder sound out of a 2 cylinder...its simply not going to happen. you are going find that all exhausts for the ex500 will sound similiar to the exhausts you have heard with some variations. you wont find an exhaust that will give it a completely different sound.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just want one that flows a little better but isn't so fricking loud. Everyone that has ridden behind the 2 i have heard say their so fricking loud it drowns out the noise of their own bike. Plus all these others want you to remove the center stand too. F that. I'd really like to see some actual hp #'s before i would trade the two. Oh well, i'll just stick to the intake side of the motor for now.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Just get some slip on's. You get to keep the dual pipes and center stand, isn't quite as loud as a full system, flows better, and you won't need to rejet. I emailed D & D asking about fitting the factory lower faring back on and here is the reply that I got:

"The fairing has to be trimmed with a zip wheel or dremmel tool. The centerstand has to be removed and you will have to fabricate a little braket for the missing centerstand mounting point. This pipe was designed back before EX500s came with the chin peice. Have a great day."

Looks like a fast project if it ever stops raining here.

·
Road Snot Needs A Kleenex
364 Posts
r409z said:
i put the D & D pipes on today....they are friggen LOUD! I am a little upset I had to take the centerstand off to make it fit. I am also having problems getting the lower faring back on. It's almost like it wont fit.
I just modified my lower fairing this past weekend because of my V&H system started to melt it. It doesn't look to bad the way I cut it. Just lay down duck tape, then draw out the way you want to cut the fairing. I used a sabre saw with a blade that was made for metal and plastic.

·
Registered
429 Posts
mianus said:
I'd really like to see some actual hp #'s before i would trade the two. Oh well, i'll just stick to the intake side of the motor for now.
When my bike was completely stock, I tried to do a wheelie by giving it some gas in first, closing the throttle and leaning forward (to compress the suspenstion), and then pull back and gun it to full throttle. I think I might have gotten the front wheel up a half an inch once at most if that. Tonight I had some friends over and they wanted me to prove that the bike cant wheelie doing the same method. I barely compressed the springs and gunned the throttle expecting to prove that the only way to wheelie an ex500 is clutching up. Well needless to say the front tire came up about 2 feet and scared the sh*t out of me since I was unexpecting. I didnt realize I had that many more ponies just from a rejet and full exhaust. I dont know the exact HP gain, but I will vouch for it being a noticable gain.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sarachu Slip Ons

I put a set of Sarachu slip ons on my 500R and they sound great with a noticable increase in tourqe from 2500 - 6000 rpms and a nice increase of horsepower after 8000 rpms. They were easy to put on...it took me about 20 min to take off the stock silencers and put these on. Because they are slip ons you don't have to rejet. If I decide to install a K&N airfilter I will probably rejet. They give a nice gutteral tone, but this bike will never sound like a 4 cyl. I ride with a lot of harley guys and this exhaust sounds similar to my buddy's Dyna Wide Glide with a Cobra 2 into 1 exhaust. Anyway, I like it a lot. You can check them out at http://www.classicbikes.com/sarachu.html

If you send an email to Edgar Mullen he will tell you about them. He's a great guy and he races the 500R. I believe Speedbike Racing (that's his site) is the only place in the USA to get them from. I tried to find other dealers and the only thing I came up with was the Sarachu website in Brazil. Edgar sold them to me for $250.00.

Later

·
Registered
164 Posts
AlaskaNinja any chance of a sound clip?

I am interested in the Sarachu cans, but the movies Edgar has on his site are race shots with other bikes in the mix. I would love the hear what your slip-ons sound like. Help us out will ya!

CB

1 - 19 of 19 Posts