Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering how come my bike stalls sometimes when im about to take off...i put it to first gear then release the clutch and thottle a little but it still stalls...i mean i know how much to release the clutch and give a little thottle...i rev and i rev but it still stalls....this only happens once in a while but im afraid it my happens when im in the middle of the road...can someone help...thanks

·
Registered
605 Posts
um, could be a indicator here of clutch slippage...Did you change your own oil at 100miles? and if so what type of oil did you use? and do you know about friction modifiers in oil?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i did it myself...and i used motorex oil brand...it wasn't synthetic or anything it was just normal bike oil..what is friction modifiers??

·
Registered
130 Posts
younggotti said:
yeah i did it myself...and i used motorex oil brand...it wasn't synthetic or anything it was just normal bike oil..what is friction modifiers??
Friction modifiers are present in automobile spec car oils in the lower weight ranges like 5w-30. They are not very compatible with wet clutches in motorcycles. They are to improve gas mileage in cars. As long as you use an oil that doesn't say "energy conserving" or use a motorcycle specific oil you are fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe it could have been my oil or (side stand)...cuz it happened after i changed it...i used motorex..is that fine or what do u guys recommend??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts