Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 04 500R and just curious as to how long I should wait before checking then to make sure they are in spec. Thing is i will prolly bring it to a shop to do and I figure my bike is warrenty so why should I bother. If anything was to go wrong they would just replace it.

what do you guys think?

BTW I do hear slight ticks but I think all 500's do it because of the way the shims are.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Follow the service recommendations in your owners manual for valve checks and adjustments.

You can either have Kawi do them or learn to do them. It's your comfort level. If you are mechanically challenged - let the pros do it. If you work on your car and previous motor items you can do it. You can be the only judge about your abilities.

During warranty you can do your own maintenance, however you must document the service as being complete - keep parts receipts and type of adjustments made. It would be up to Kawasaki to prove that you did something wrong that caused a part to fail during warranty. Afterwards - you are on your own.

My first bike I let the pros handle it as I didn't have the know how or tools.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought that if the slight ticking remains on the bike everything is still all good. I was told from my dealer Mech. that most people do a check at 10000km any most of the times things are still perfect.

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
the ex models are SCREW/LOCKNUT. if you hear a sewing machine then they are either too loose or in spec. no way of knowing how many are tight/loose/in spec without going in and checking with feeler guage.
adam has it right.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts