Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Before you plow into some innocent bystander, hurt yourself or kill both , leave the stunting ideas on video. You stand a good chance messing yourself and your bike up especially being a new rider. If you lose control what are you going to do. Be like the kid I just saw try to pull off a wheelie in a parking lot and crash into a car when the car pulled in front of him because they didn't see the motorcyclist.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
There are MANY ways to do a wheelie. Popping the clutch is one way, the way most people try to do it on smaller bikes. Smaller because it is very easy to get it up that way with less power. This also hurts your clutch something awful. I may start slipping if you do it too much. Another way to pull a wheelie is to get going a little then gas it REAL hard, but controlled. Don't do it too hard untill you know the power of your own bike. I hate to burn up my clutch so I would never pop it out like that. Only wheelies I've done are gassed wheelies. Like everyone has been saying, it is dangerous. I"m not saying you are going to go out and do it but having the knowlage leaves a person open to temtation. I've whiped out doing a wheelie. Its not fun, trust me. Luckly for me all that happened was a few cuts, a ripped letter jacket, $500 in repairs and a bruised ego. One other thing to keep in mind, if you're going to do it, find a large open area to do it in. NOT roads. Use an empty parking lot, or an old airport runway (not in use, planes are bad :p)

·
Registered
429 Posts
jemberlin said:
How do I do a small one?
On my 500, if you twist the throttle in first then let up still in gear so the forks are fully compressed and then hit the throttle again hard, the front tire will lift up 6-12". It could probably go more if I kept the throttle on, but I only do what i feel comfortable with and I dont feel comfortable with the front wheel up 4 feet. I would not recomend trying this if you haven't gotten to know your bike really well. NEVER do attempt this on public roadways even if you have the room to do so.

·
Registered
39 Posts
On my 2004 500r it will come up about 12 inch if i reve first out then cold shift to second and nail it. It was not what i was planning on doing i pulled out in front of someone and reallt got on it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
r409z said:
cold shift? I have done a huge wheelie on accident when I was racing a buddy on a 900RR. We were both revving until we got the go signal and both of our front wheels came up real high...he is pretty good at stunting, but this was first for me. It got the adreniline pumping and scared me at the same time.( not really a race...he just wanted to see how bad he could beat me) Keep in mind we were both wearing gear and in a closed off area.

·
Registered
39 Posts
just back off the trottle a very litlle bit then shifting up a gear without using the clutch i thought it was called cold shifting that is what we all called it on the atv.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
500r said:
just back off the trottle a very litlle bit then shifting up a gear without using the clutch i thought it was called cold shifting that is what we all called it on the atv.
You can use the clutch you just have to be quick about it to keep the wheel up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts