Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i'm nearing 600 miles....i don't want to pay the 300 for the 600 mile maintenance costs so can i just change the oil myself and save some money without taking it in...i know people say that 90% of the 600 mile maintenance is just an oil change so what's the other 10%? is it something i can also do myself....i mean i don't want to pay bookuu money for something i can do myself
 

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
Joined
·
5,201 Posts
change OIL/FILTER and keep reciet
lube/adjust chain
go over bike and check all bolts etc. for tightness
check your tire air pressure (which you should do anyways)
look for any leaks etc. (fork seals etc)
just keep records of what youve done and youll be fine.
if the bike starts fine,runs fine,sounds fine then i wouldnt worry about your valves at this point. i would check them at 4-5k though NO MATTER WHAT THE SERVICE MANUAL TELLS YOU
both of my ZRX's have been checked around 2500-3500 miles and had tight & loose valves. i noticed a big power decrease before checking. all bikes are different though. some will go the 15k+ that the manual recommends before checking and others will NOT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,384 Posts
Get yourself a log book and appoint yourself the official chief mechanic! Save receipts as mentioned and indicate all things checked and changed and the mileage and date at which done.

Put the money back into your own tools~
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top