ZZR-600
750S
ZX9R (?)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Gas mileage

Hey all!

I'm a tad disappointed in the mileage I've been getting out of my ZZR. Between 184 to 200 miles per tank. Does that seem a tad too low?

What kind of gas mileage do other 600cc riders experience?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Anyone know where i can get radiator screen for the ZZR-600. My radiator fins are already starting to deform. I'm thinkng of a home depot screen garud like the intercooler on my car. If anyone has a better solution that'd be awesome.

To answer the milage question:

180 wow.... i've been too scared to go that far. I've been filling up at 150. But I'll let you know the next time how far I get as now I know the range.

Suresh

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Sacheen said:
Hey all!

I'm a tad disappointed in the mileage I've been getting out of my ZZR. Between 184 to 200 miles per tank. Does that seem a tad too low?

What kind of gas mileage do other 600cc riders experience?
That sounds about right.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You're getting almost 50-miles per gallon on a vehicle that will stride briskly away from a Corvette. (?) Dude, this is about as close to science-fiction as we can get.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
This Sticky is for specific questions, concerns and feedback pertaining to the:

Ninja ZX-6RR
Ninja ZX-6R
ZZR-600
750S
ZX9R (?)
Question on the ZX9R. My key is missing and the key code doesn't appear to be documented. I read someplace that a key code can be found on the key cylinder. Is that true for the ZX9R and which key cylinder would it most likely be found.

~Dan

·
Registered
14 Posts
What kind of oil do these bikes take, and how do u tell if they are low on oil? I'm specifically asking about a 1985 kawasaki zx600r.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Should be a window on the right side of the bike twards the bottom where you can see the oil level when the bike is standing upright (not on side stand).

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I assume you don't have a manual? I am not sure about the 600cc.....can anyone out there help this member?

·
Registered
66 Posts
most likely 10w40 but it defers in the warmer climates!!!!!!!!!!! :???:

oh yes the bike needs to be level (so if this is new to you have a friend sit on it on level ground and have the 90 degrees)...if you have a center stand make sure the wheels are level!!!!

if low don't drive it meeses up the clutch quicker than the engine!!!!!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Freddy said:
Question on the ZX9R. My key is missing and the key code doesn't appear to be documented. I read someplace that a key code can be found on the key cylinder. Is that true for the ZX9R and which key cylinder would it most likely be found.

~Dan

I would take your serial number to the dealer and they should with kawasaki's help find you a key in no time!!!!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, level turns out to be in the middle (hard to get some good light on that eye).

Went to the dealer, they didn't seem too "technical", just sorta guessed that 1040 would be the proper weight...

I should really buy a shop manual for this thing...

-Jason

·
Registered
4 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to post a new question,so I will ask this in a reply: I have a 1996 ZX6-R. In the fall I was burning my old back tire as I had aquired a new set of tires. I noticed that oil sprayed out of the little hole on the bottom of my water/oil pump. I drained the oil and did not find any antifreeze in it and I drained the antifreeze and did not find any oil in it. What does this oil spraying from the bottom mean? Do I need to replace the oil/water pump assembly? Anyone else run across this?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
markotanninen said:
I couldn't figure out how to post a new question,so I will ask this in a reply: I have a 1996 ZX6-R. In the fall I was burning my old back tire as I had aquired a new set of tires. I noticed that oil sprayed out of the little hole on the bottom of my water/oil pump. I drained the oil and did not find any antifreeze in it and I drained the antifreeze and did not find any oil in it. What does this oil spraying from the bottom mean? Do I need to replace the oil/water pump assembly? Anyone else run across this?
Could have a bad gasket. If you are maintaining oil presure I doubt you need a new pump.

1 - 20 of 859 Posts