Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

801 - 820 of 859 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
My bike is a 1991 kwak ninja zx600c4 that i bought for a grand 2-3 months ago and i'm just now getting around to making it run how i want it. The bike has been street fightered so keep that in mind.

The bike is mechanically sound aside from the front headlight and speedo being clip tied onto the frame (plan on fixing don't judge me) and pretty decent cracks in all the plastics. it needs a clutch rework so it's kinda on the sensitive side and it needs an oil change along with a good carb cleaning. Otherwise it's a very fun bike.

When i bought it the guy didn't tell me about the radiator problems which aren't all that bad it seems... i just can't figure it out. Today i took the bike apart and started poking and prodding at the radiator after i let it idle until it got pretty **** hot, way after the fan should have kicked in. The thing about it is i tried to bypass the temp switch inside the radiator by just making the fan think it was hot because i thought the switch might be bad which didn't work, i put a multimeter to the connection from the fan and it's flowing fine which leads me to think the fan is shot and the switch might also be bad. I filled the coolant reservoir tank and tried again to no avail...

Any advice for a newb wrencher?

EDIT: It turns out the fan works i ran power from the battery directly into the fan switch and it turned on with no problem. So now i know it's the radiator switch... anything i can do to rig this or something? thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
A 1985 600 should have a centerstand this is the best way to check the oil. Find a level spot put it on the centerstand and look in the window. There shouldbe two lines for minimum and maximum. If there is no oil in the window it needs oil added it may not be that low hopefully.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know of a oil change how to on the forum that they could link to me. I looked for one but no luck. Or if someone wants to write one that would be cool too.
1994 zx600c7

·
Registered
16 Posts
guess this is the right place to put this question. I wanna upgrade from my 600r to a zx9r preferably a early 2000s (2000-2002) and just wanna know if this is too much power wise for me. Ive basically outgrown the power on this 600r, dont get me wrong its no slouch but to me I think I could step it up now to zx9r and just start out on it like I did my 600r, respecting it till I learned to tame the beast. Just need some feedback from anyone that has a zx9r and whats the weight difference and handling compaired to a 400lb 600cc bike.
i would go with a 636 they are fast light and not to excessive

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys, newbie here sorry in advanced hahaha. i recently purched a 2008 kawasaki 600 from a buddy that was laid down. This is my first owned bike i got a really really good deal on it couldnt pass it up. Question is where can i purchase just a front fairing, i havent really found a decent site that sells piece by piece just the whole 24 piece set. any help or suggestions would be awesome thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys im brand new to the fourms and have owned 1 1995 kawasaki zx6e for about 6 months now. had to rebuild her from the ground up. Engine tranny brakes tires fluids all had to be redone, just put on fresh tires 4 days ago. I guess im on here to get advise on well everything, i go out at least everyday on her and practice my turns and braking and so far so good havent laid her down and i havent dont anything to crazy yet....... :) So if anyone owns one or knows about them i welcome any advise you could give.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, i have a question about the two brothers exhaust, my brother had a 08 cbr 600rr grafitti and he had the two bro's installed, now he switched the reg two bro's to the two bro's black series, is it possible to use the first two bro's he had on his bike and have it installed on a 05 kaw 600rr

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everybody first post and just joint this forum for some help regarding my 1997 ZX 6R. Straight to the point its clocks are in KPH and i need to convert to MPH. Question No1. do i need to replace the speedo cable? No2: trying to get a speedo drive off ebay etc is proving difficult at the moment is there any other model that i can use for this bit. Finally No.3 is it a hard job don't want to wreck my bike and costing loads to repair ( i am competent with tools etc but understand there is some jobs that should be left to professionals)

many thanks for any assistance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anyone tell me why this hose from the airbox is plugged? 2nd ride yesterday and my 03 zx7 smelled like raw fuel. Even worse after I parked it in the garage and came out an hour later. There is no hose on the tank vent, could that be what I'm smelling? Thanks to anyone who could help me . Thats a disturbing thing to smell while ridding a hot bike in a 100 deg. weather.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, I didn't have the time to read through all 41 pages, but I was wondering, could anyone answer a quick question I had. Well I have an 04 zzr600 and it seems like, when I rev it up it is starved for fuel or just dies. Yet when it is idling it is perfectly fine. It only happens when I try to rev it up or 'get on it'. I have never had this problem before, and have had the bike about 3 years now. I have checked both the fuel filter and air filter and they are clean and free of derbies. It is also corroborated, (I apologize about the spelling) whether that is relevant or not Idk could someone please get back to me asap. thank you so much.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Alright guys new here been working on 98 ZX9 C1 did the frontend swap to 01 02 style gauges and duct work fairings the problem i have run into and have been unable to solve is the neutral light on gauges does not light up in neutral now did light up on the 98 gauges checked for power at the neutral switch that is located near the front sprocket and it is a single wire to switch it reads 12.7v also thought no big deal bout light just wanted it so i took it out for the 1st ride since conversion and bike will only shift 1st neutral and 2nd did not have this issue before swap was wondering if the neutral switch also called the gear switch would cause this issue any help out there dont want to waste money just buying new parts i dont need

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello

Frst post and all, I'd like to say thanks for the stickys placed around, good advice. I had a YBR125 to commute to work for 2 years, aa few years back. I've recently got my direct access, and my first larger bike. I've got a ZZR 600 93 (E1). I've had a fair few rides out n around on my own and been LOVING it!
I've got some advice of a m8 I went for a ride with. However I'm about to try it on a long ride of about 300 miles and then back again.

I want to do some checks n w.e. before I go, to be safe n make sure it's ready. I know the chain clearly need adjusting, and Im going to check its oil n lube n clean the whole bike, I do have the Haynes manual but as I don't have much experience working on bikes or cars, I just wanted to ask what checks do you think i should do??

I've got to get them done today, and the bike is cold if that helps at all. XD Wasn't sure if i needed a new thread... Maybe you've already got a sticky ive missed? Please any advice for idea of what to do is appreciated

Thanks Matt

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks, I'm a new member here and I just got my 2006 ZZR 600 last week.
I'm looking for a full exhaust system (not just slip-on) and was looking more towards the Two Brother's or Yoshimura brands. But I can't seem to find one specific for the 2006+ ZZR 600 or 98-02 ZX6R's.

Anyone have any suggestions, maybe another brand that you guys know of that do full exhaust systems for 2006+ ZZR 600's.

I've heard that the 03-04 ZX6R's headers and midpipe can fit a ZZR600 but will have to use a 03-04 slip-on as the regular ZZR600 mufflers will no longer bolt up correctly. Can anyone confirm this fact? I don't really care about buying a 03-04 specific muffler but if the headers and midpipe fit I'm down to get it.

Sorry if this topic has been asked before. I've searched already but I get mixed opinions. I want a 100% yes or no. Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
As I recall from some other post supposedly the line is plugged to keep liquid from coming out during use. When serivcing the filter open and drain it into a can. How do I reply with quotes?

801 - 820 of 859 Posts