Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

861 - 861 of 861 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Technical question.... Can anyone help PLEASE... I am freaking out here.... Ok here is the run down... My 1989 ZX600R Ninja was running about 2 weeks ago, but was sluggish and non responsive over 6k rpm. It had been sitting for a year when I purchased it. Solution: Remove the carbs and clean them. Now in the process I also removed all of the CA smog crap. Carbs have been reinstalled and are very clean. Here is where the problem lies... It wont freaking run. It will fire and turn over with quick start, but will not continue to run. It is acting as if it is getting no fuel. And to solidify that theory I pulled the main fuel line from the tank and it is almost dry. Did I hook something up wrong??? Did I cap off the wrong vacuum port??? Do I have the main fuel line going to the wrong place??? Now to help I thought I would go and pick up a Clymers manual... This was freaking useless!!! 25 bucks to tell me how to rip appart the carb... Which I already know how to do... Anyway, I will quit rambling. I just need [email protected]%@##@!
You hooked the gas lines up wrong therefore the fuel pump isn’t sending fuel to the carbs which needs to be filled with gas in order to run.

861 - 861 of 861 Posts