Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I've just aquired a '93 Ninja 600R, the ZX600C version.

It's pretty much stock. The previous owner drilled out the muffler baffles (stupid idea) and removed the packing, and I just removed the airbox after rebuilding the carbs and put K&N pod type filters on it. But other then that it's a stock bike.

So anyway, I want to buy a Dyno-jet or Factory jet kit for it and was hoping someone here my have some experience with either kit who could recommend one over the other.

The bike runs like it's running out of gas on hard throttle with the pod filters and doesn't want to rev over about 8K at all, so I'm thinking it probably needs rejetted badly.

Also, the exhaust air injection supply system should be blocked of correct? The large tube that stick's into the airbox makes a terrible noise with the airbox removed. No reason to keep this stuff if I'm ditching the box right?

I am also looking for a set of replica fairings and thought this would be a good place to ask about sources for fairing sets at a good price.

Lastly, is there a common alternative to the air shock (maybe from another model bike?) that everyone swaps out for or do you guys just keep the air shock?

Thanks for your help!

Eric

·
AZ's Official Mechanic
5,201 Posts
rzv500r said:
Hi Everyone,
So anyway, I want to buy a Dyno-jet or Factory jet kit for it and was hoping someone here my have some experience with either kit who could recommend one over the other. -ive used both , personally i like FACTORY PRO jet kits better.

The bike runs like it's running out of gas on hard throttle with the pod filters and doesn't want to rev over about 8K at all, so I'm thinking it probably needs rejetted badly. -you are correct , you have NO CHOICE but to jet this bike if your running pods

Also, the exhaust air injection supply system should be blocked of correct? The large tube that stick's into the airbox makes a terrible noise with the airbox removed. No reason to keep this stuff if I'm ditching the box right? -yes you can remove the emissions crap. just make sure you plug any hoses/holes that may be a vacumn leak and cause other problems.

I am also looking for a set of replica fairings and thought this would be a good place to ask about sources for fairing sets at a good price. -maybe check with www.denniskirk.com or chapperal or the local salvage yards etc.

Lastly, is there a common alternative to the air shock (maybe from another model bike?) that everyone swaps out for or do you guys just keep the air shock? -dont know about this one. would have to do some research and see what other bikes have the same length shock etc.

Thanks for your help! -your welcome :wink:

Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts