Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still breaking in my 03 with 1700 Miles on it, I'm getting about 137 miles between Fill up and Gas light. How are you guys doing with Mileage, I always put in premium of course.

If available please list oil used, Gas type (prem, regular etc) and how many miles on the bike along with any major engine, air and exhaust mods. Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
mileage

About the same :?

04 with 1000 miles, stock, still using dino oil, motul I think, prem fuel (of course).

I am hoping for better with more miles and syn oil.

mose

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same here...

I ride a '04 636, just bought a month ago. I've only got 500 miles on it, but my mileage is the 130 range between fill up and gas light. So far still using the factory oil that comes in the pan. If you want to improve gas mileage, a great choice would be Amsoil Motorcycle 0-weight. All I can say is that it added about two mpg to my Honda Civic just by switching over. You can't go wrong with all-synthetic :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have an 03 ZX6RR and I get around 43-45 MPG unless I'm pushing it then I get around 32-36 MPG. Normally my fuel light comes on around 145 miles and I still have another 20 miles after that. I have about 6000 miles on my bike and the only performance mod is an Akrapovic slip-on exhaust and synthetic oil.

·
Registered
193 Posts
ZX6RRNewbie said:
I have an 03 ZX6RR and I get around 43-45 MPG unless I'm pushing it then I get around 32-36 MPG. Normally my fuel light comes on around 145 miles and I still have another 20 miles after that. I have about 6000 miles on my bike and the only performance mod is an Akrapovic slip-on exhaust and synthetic oil.
Yup, that sounds about right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts