Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience with additives in their FI bike? Like Lucas or Sea Foam?

Just wondering if they do more harm than good.

I'm looking more for actual experiences than opinions.

·
Taste better comin up!
453 Posts
i put seafoam in my 650 over winter when it sat for like a week at a time inbetweeen rides. i didnt notice any ill affects

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, that's not me though. But it happens to look like me and I can mess around like that, so why not.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use Stabil over the winter. When I first started it this spring it fired instantly back to life like I had never put it away for 5 long months.
What are you looking to do?

·
Never Been Fast Enough
785 Posts
Seafoam is an excellent tool IF you need it. On FI bikes it should be rare if you use top grade fuels but I always run a tank in my Nomad every 5000 miles just to keep him clean because who can trust today's fuels anymore. It certainly will not hurt anything as it also will clean up carbon deposits in the upper cylinder area and on top of your piston and valves.

As soon as my ZX get to 5000 miles I plan to do it to it also just as a good maintenance practice.

Preventative maintenance prevents breakdown maintenance.

Use 1 OZ per gallon or up to 2 if you suspect trouble. It don't say it on the can but if you put the whole can in 5 gallons it would not hurt it. I would not rev the pi** out of it. You have to use your head.

I've heard some use it for mouth wash?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts