Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
God mode: [on] off
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
title kinda says it all.m thinking of getting a 650r 2008 or 9 model. im very short and was wondering how low can it be lowered before the flarings begin to hit the tires? what has ppl lowered this model to so far?

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
How short is short? That might help people judge how much they could help. In lowering the front, you'd eventually have problems with the front fender hitting on something underneath when the front end compresses over a bump. I don't know if I'd go down more than an inch or perhaps 1.5. you might also be able to shave the seat to lower it some there too.

·
God mode: [on] off
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i figured and y i am asking what have ppl lowered theres to? i think ive seen 2 in so far. im thinking im going to need to lower it as much as possible and shave my seat pretty thin too. how many in. can you get from shaving the seat?

·
+2 Ring of Invisibility
137 Posts
thats what i figured and y i am asking what have ppl lowered theres to? i think ive seen 2 in so far. im thinking im going to need to lower it as much as possible and shave my seat pretty thin too. how many in. can you get from shaving the seat?
anything more than an inch or 1.5 is going to make an uncomfortable seat unbearable

·
kwaka4life
61 Posts
My partner has an inside leg measurement of about 30" and she can stand flat footed with both feet, its a 2007 model . Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts