Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a '67 F2 TR I'm hoping to restore to rideable condition. hoping some of you might know of possible parts dealers for that old kaw. any help is appreciated thanks. Was also wondering if the engine was the same or similar to the F3 Bushwhackers, as i have found some parts for that. thanks for the time and knowledge :)

·
Vintage Owner
14 Posts
Hey YupYup,
I am going through the same rebuild and if your's was anywhere near as bad of shape mine was then give up now ;-)

The F3 has a very similar engine. From what I have found so far, the differences are the F3 switched to a 26mm Carb from the 24mm the F2 had. So the plate over the rotory valve is different and has a 35mm spout to attach the bigger carb instead of the 30mm on the F2. The Other big difference is the F3 switched to an aluminum cylinder with iron sleeve. Because of this the piston clearance is double on the F3 than the F2 due to larger expansion.

If you cannot find an F3 for parts another substitute is Obviously the F1 and also the B8. I believe the clutch and kickstart parts are the same as the F2.

Best of Luck, post pictures!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts