Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, great looking site! I have a 2005 kaw 700 praire 4x4. I need a new set of skin and I cannot find the answer anywhere...BUT...what is the largest tire (hight and width) that I can put on the factory rims. Than for the help! I currently have 25x10x12 on the back and 12x8x12 on the front....
Front rim is 12x6 back rim is 12x7.5

·
Registered
628 Posts
That size and style will give you good service and relatively good ride quality. They'll be a bit harder to turn because of the increased width but just barely so and they'll ride a little rougher than the factory tires but again, just barely so.

I have kenda executioners on my prairie, 27x10's in the front and 27x12's on the rear. I use my quad for mostly mud riding as well so the trade-off on steering and ride quality was acceptable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That size and style will give you good service and relatively good ride quality. They'll be a bit harder to turn because of the increased width but just barely so and they'll ride a little rougher than the factory tires but again, just barely so.

I have kenda executioners on my prairie, 27x10's in the front and 27x12's on the rear. I use my quad for mostly mud riding as well so the trade-off on steering and ride quality was acceptable.
Thanls for the input! I use myh kawi for ice fishing and bowhunting. I needed a new set of skins and I didnt want to spend a ton of cash just because I dont really trail ride.... Thoughts? It was 280 bucks and free shipping. When I get them mounted I will try and post some pics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I put the tires on today and they look great. Not sure how but they seem to steer alot easier than my stock tires even though they are larger and wider,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts