Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for sale 74 h2 candy apple red engine gone thru 34 mm mikinis chrome denco chambers k&n filters pingle petcock barnet clutch custom seat duel front disc polished engine cases new tires chain battery. plus more this is a real strong running h2 asking $3800]

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
tt,

welcome to thestreet bike forum......You might get a better response if you put the bike up on the Street Bike Buy/Sell Trade forum

Nice looking ride you got there!!!!!

Heather

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
He put it up for sale on eBay a while back. Not sure if it sold, but I think he had some bids on it.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
kyhick1 said:
tt,

welcome to thestreet bike forum......You might get a better response if you put the bike up on the Street Bike Buy/Sell Trade forum

Nice looking ride you got there!!!!!

Heather
Moved.

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you will deliver or help get the bike to me, I would love to buy it. I don't have the time to go it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Many years ago, I rode my best friend's 1974 750. I had the KZ900 at the time. He just got it & thought he'd bring it over to get my opinion. Well, he said to go ahead & take it out. I took it out. I was riding along a straight stretch of road & wicked it WO. The thing hardly moved, 2500 RPM 3500 RPM. I was thinking, "This thing's a slug!". All of a sudden, just as the tach hit about 6000 RPM, I though I was rear-ended by a freaking missile! I was not prepared for the peaky powerband. My 900 was quicker, the power delivery being a steady rush all the way to redline. I drove home, gave the bike back to him. He asked how I liked it. I told him, "Pretty good". Of course, he didn't see me having to dig my eyeballs out from the back of my skull! I swear to this day he did it to psych me out. Fond memory, though.
Regards

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
LOL.....SteveA.....Glad you didn't need an eye operation! :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
That's why they called the beasts "wodowmakers". You really have to know how to ride the suckers. I knew the 500's had a nasty powerband, and a lot of the guys (back then) who bought them new, and while riding them home, decided to wick it open. Well, when they found themselves in an unexpected unicycle position on the highway, they just turned around & went right back to the dealer & got something else. The 750's were a bit tamer on the powerband issue, but not by that much. Funny memory, though.
Regards

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Did he have expansion chambers on it, or the original pipes ?

·
Registered
459 Posts
My old buddy's bike was bone stock. Those bikes are a hoot to ride once you get to know them.
Had a neighbor a few houses down who had the 500 H1 & rode it for years, full bore everywhere. Sometimes he was just a blur going by our house. If you didn't see him, you would just hear a "zzzzzzoooooo" & he was gone.
Regards

1 - 11 of 11 Posts