Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new rectifier but cannot find part number 21061-5001. Is there a regulator rectifier currently available that will work? I'm only getting 5 to 5.5 v to the battery and only 0.1 or 0.2 v increase at 4000rpm

·
Super Moderator
2,893 Posts
If you have a manual you can test the output from the charging coil first. If the charging coil is bad then a regulator won't fix anything. If you do need a regulator you may be able to find an aftermarket one for a lot less $$.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I only have a Clymer. I should invest in a shop manual. I have managed to find a few generics but I need to check out all the charging system like you said. Just had the engine rebuilt. Complete tear down. Now I'm trying to get all the electric functioning like it should.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need a new rectifier but cannot find part number 21061-5001. Is there a regulator rectifier currently available that will work? I'm only getting 5 to 5.5 v to the battery and only 0.1 or 0.2 v increase at 4000rpm
OEM part no. is 21060-5011. I purchased mine from plenternz.com. He has them in stock for $NZ47.50. This is a new part OK.
Just letting you know NZ is New Zealand. Good luck. I too have a 74 Bighorn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts