Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i identified the bike and got it to start. Only problem is that it seems to have a very very weak spark. Points look good and actually looks like it was replaced not too long ago. Only thing i can think of is that the coil is shot. Anyone know where i can get one or if i can retrofit another 6v coil. heres some pics

Attachments

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
If the coil is still producing spark, odds are it's still a good coil and the more likely problem would be supply voltage, plug wire, or plug cap. I can't get the pic to blow up but I suspect your coil has the molded one-piece coil/wire. You could try to remove the cap from the end of the wire and cut an inch or so off then put the cap back on. If the wire insulation is breaking down then that won't help. They do make a "kit" type thing where you cut your existing wire close to the coil and splice a new wire onto it.

Also that coil grounds through the mount screws/bolts so clean the dirt and rust off of those and clean the wire connectors on the wire involved with the coil input voltage.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well come to find out that the wire cap was electircal taped up. after i took it off it was split in half like someone cut it down the middle. But u are right it does have a one piece coil/wire. Im not really sure if i can shorten the wire because it seems pretty short right now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought one. Same problem. Have you resolved the issue on yours?

Mine had the wrong plug in it. I'll have to replace that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts