Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Over at KZ Rider, search for bare bones for mattylight topic by loudhvx >> see pages 11-on.
(the diagrams from pages 1-10 are missing).

Z1Enteprises dot com has colored wire & other electrical stuff. For stock-type crimps get an open barrel crimper. I already had a HarborFreight ratcheting crimper, but the dies were wrong, so I got an open barrel die set from amazonn dot com.

CycleTerminal dot com also has terminals & connectors etc, and a reasonably priced crimper. It costs about the same as what I ended up paying for the HF tool & amzn dies. If you need bullet terminals, cycleterminal has a a set of 10 w waterproof covers.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Also, I would try to match the wire colors to the stock wiring diagram. As for the open barrel terminals, the crimps are very strong, plus you can actually see the crimp afterwards. With generic terminals from the auto parts store that have the plastic outer covers, you can't actually inspect the crimp where it counts. The only place I solder is where Kawasaki soldered & I only do so when necessary, such as if a joint failed, usually from age & vibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts