Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been pulled from the mothballs. This baby only has about 10,500 miles and runs as good as it looks. All original but for electronic ignition, windscreen (to keep the bugs out of my teeth) and new tires (recently replaced original Goodyear tire on the rear).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks to all the tips I you folks sent about using Photobucket.
That worked out well. Hope you enjoy the pictures. I love my scooter.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
OMG! I love that bike!!!!
That brings back so many happy memories for me.....my brother owned that model bike "back in the day" and I used to beg for rides!!!!!
That one you have is just gorgeous!!!!! :biggrin:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My dad gave me this bike. He's very mechanical and has taken meticulous care and maintenance of the bike. He's still got two more with his current ride being a Honda Goldwing. Yep, he's still ridin' at 79 years young. The '76 LTD -Strong and powerful - gotta respect it.

·
Biking Old Timer
445 Posts
What a beautiful bike. Ya gotta love it. Your father is a master tech to have it in such unbelievable condition.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I still have my old gold plaque somewhere that has your name and info on it as "made for " I'll bet your Dad still has his too with the care he's shown the bike. Good memories!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for all the compliments on the bike. One condition my dad put on me before he gave me the bike was that I must keep him apprised of any work being done to the engine (valves, carbs, etc). He has worked on airplanes, motorcycles, cars, or anything with a motor. If my mom had cylinders, they would probably still be married. I'm not quite as mechanical minded, but with the help of the experts on this forum and my local bike mechanic, I can keep her in good shape.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Thank you for all the compliments on the bike. One condition my dad put on me before he gave me the bike was that I must keep him apprised of any work being done to the engine (valves, carbs, etc). He has worked on airplanes, motorcycles, cars, or anything with a motor. If my mom had cylinders, they would probably still be married. I'm not quite as mechanical minded, but with the help of the experts on this forum and my local bike mechanic, I can keep her in good shape.
That's funny!!!! :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts