Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
The throttle cables need some slack, as when the handlebars are turned, the engine may accelerate if they are too tight. Do you have aservice manual? It will show all the maintenance procedures & troubleshooting on your bike. I'd see what E-bay has to offer. A website I've bought manuals from is Repair Manual | Owners Manual | Haynes Repair Manual | RepairManual.com ask, as sometimes used manuals are sold there.

·
Queasy Rider
2,080 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by slack in the throttle cable but it should have 2-3mm of play as measured at the throttle housing. Since it's not too difficult, you may want to remove the cable inspect/lube it and re-install with the correct play. I usually like to eliminate the easy possibilties first before going in and dismantling the more complex ones.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I did not bench sync them. Is it worth it enough to pull them off again?

I also notice a small air bubble in each of the fuel lines, at their highest points? Is that normal?

·
GHOSTRIDER
3,361 Posts
I did not bench sync them. Is it worth it enough to pull them off again?

I also notice a small air bubble in each of the fuel lines, at their highest points? Is that normal?
The air bubbles are normal!...VM carbs MUST be "bench synced!"...Quit messin around and find a "Factory Service Manual!"...And whats with this "iron chique" handle? Are you an Arab?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I ordered a manual, but shipping toCanada is a lengthy process.

I will pull the carbs again in the morning and sync them.

I know this needs to be done, but I don't believe this is my issue. I have most of my problems after the bike has warmed up

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
When I'm bench syncing them, is there an adjustment for each carb? I don't see a screw to turn, onły the idle screw for all four? I need to make some adjustments on two of them

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for the link. I read that last night. I found the adjustment screws after I made that post.

I was expecting them to be on the outside of the carb body

·
Super Moderator
2,013 Posts
It's and old post and we have not heard from the poster for 8 years now, so you probably won't get a response from him. I suggest you pose a question with all the specifics of your bike and problem in this same forum by starting a new discussion.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts