Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 79 Kz 750 w/ 38mm CV Mukini carbs. one of the slides isn't working properly. Does any body know a good place to buy a set of used carbs in decent shape? I've heard the slide alone can cost close to 100$ :shock:. I am not worried about keeping this bike stock so if anybody has any ideas i would greatly appreciate them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
carbs

Ebay
I saw yesterday there are two listings for 79 750 carbs. Does your bike have spokes or mag rims? Would you by chance have a manual for your bike?
I am looking for a few specs. Like the stock compression, and a diagram of parts for the tachometer cable. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Riverbed,
I have Spoke rims on my bike. I do have a shop manual, e-mail me with all of the specs you want. As far as the tach components go try searching Kawasaki.com they have pretty good schematics of almost everything they have made. I did find the 79 KZ 750 on there with lots of different diagrams of different things if that doesn't help let me know and I will see what I can do.

Everyone else: I didn't mention that I have an inline Twin. Ebay has a set off of a suzuki gt 750. The seller says they are 38 Mikuni CVs. Does any body know if i can salvage some parts off of those carbs to make mine work or if i can just use 2 of the Three,(The gt 750 is a three banger). I also checked the price of the Slide alone it is $173 from my local Kawasaki Shop!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts