Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here you go, pics of the paint and bike mostly reassembled. The saddle bags are only going to be on for a trip to Vegas at the beginning of June. Still have a few minor things to work out. Carbs aren't running quite right yet, and should be just a bit of tweaking to make them right.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
310 Posts
One heck of a transformation! Has the air intake been discussed on another thread? How's that working?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Nice work.
She's looking much better.
And I thought I was a fan of blue.
Seems the scooter got some polishing up as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The air intake has not been discussed in another thread. It's a custom intake that a buddy and I made from PVC. He made one first for his bike, and didn't have to re-jet. Figured what the hell, PVC is inexpensive, and worth a shot.

It works amazingly well so far on this bike. Fuel air mixture needs to be tweaked, but that's about it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The luggage is all old Vetter stuff. The trunk is pretty beat up, and probably won't even use that, but the two side cases are still in fairly decent shape, and should survive the trip.

·
Registered
461 Posts
The air intake has not been discussed in another thread. It's a custom intake that a buddy and I made from PVC. He made one first for his bike, and didn't have to re-jet. Figured what the hell, PVC is inexpensive, and worth a shot.

It works amazingly well so far on this bike. Fuel air mixture needs to be tweaked, but that's about it.
Things that make you go hmmmm. Had you not stated that it works, I would have thought "too small for factory jetting". Heck, maybe too small for any kind of jetting. That size pod is usually what you see on just one carb. It does looks cool, has that fuel injection plenum look to it.

·
Registered
11,328 Posts
If it were/was me, I'd look into getting a set of "Case Savers" for the engine. I believe redline cycle has them and possibly fast from the past does too.They can prevent a lot of grief if you drop your bike or go down for what ever reason.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Things that make you go hmmmm. Had you not stated that it works, I would have thought "too small for factory jetting". Heck, maybe too small for any kind of jetting. That size pod is usually what you see on just one carb. It does looks cool, has that fuel injection plenum look to it.
Looking at the factory airbox though, the inlet to that really isn't much bigger than the PVC on my intake, and there is much less restriction.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it were/was me, I'd look into getting a set of "Case Savers" for the engine. I believe redline cycle has them and possibly fast from the past does too.They can prevent a lot of grief if you drop your bike or go down for what ever reason.
Yeah, those are on the list. It came with some, but the left side was broken, or they would already be back on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts