Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Ive restored my KZ750, and its almost done, a little fine tuneing here and there. My only major problem is finding replacement boots for my carbs. My old ones have small leaks in them, one cylinder does not fire while the other is underpowered. I know this because I can put a rag over the leaks (leaks between the jug and the boot seal) and they both fire at optimum. Now because Im restoring the bike, I would prefer new boots but used in good condition ones will do just fine. Anyone know where I can get these? My local parts dealer can't get them and ebay has been fruitless. thanks in advanced.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Two or four cylinder? The two cylinder boots are unobtanium but can be replaced with the rubber connectors made for 1 1/2" PVC pipe. Just remove one clamp and insert that end into the airbox then install the other end with clamp onto the carb. It is heavier material than the original boots so installation is tough but they fit tightly at both ends.

·
Registered
276 Posts
In my cheaper days I'd clean those carbe mounts with solvent then wipe then with RTV Silicone and pull a bit of a vacuum on them to pull the silicone into the cracks. But this only works if the mounts are not structurally deteriorated. But, when far from home new parts lets me relax.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.