Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a chance to take a long trip. Boston to Burlington, VT and then came back the same day.

After 8 hrs (with stops ofcourse)

i've realized that my skinny rear needs more natural padding
feel vibration on the feet even after i get off the bike
lower back hurts
bug splatter is nasty (Note VT has more bugs than MA)

in short, I feel old with various body problems. :wink:

on the plus:

All the riding gear made it comfortable. Althought the hip padding was a little much for comfort. I was warm and comfortable. Earplugs... big "ups". Gloves...nice but needed a little more ventilation.

Suresh

PS. And windsheild washer fluid still sucks

·
Registered
380 Posts
Eight hours? That's impressive... I have trouble going more than 5 or 6.

Hopefully it was fun too... :lol:

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

^^^ nice avatar :wink: and welcome vpi!

8hrs is good haul - that's the ride to daytona next week :twisted:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
VPI snook in and then I did a double take and said to myself....

Dammmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn

Anyways, my theory is you need to work up to it. You are not going to do a marathon ride and get lucky with no soreness.... Each trip make it a little longer then the last.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hey ramp - they have lycra for men now so you don't have to parade in the pantyhose like the old days.

Do you get the control tummy ones? :lol:

but in all seriousness- pantyhose or something similar would help with the circulation.

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
1Adam12 said:
Hey ramp - they have lycra for men now so you don't have to parade in the pantyhose like the old days.

Do you get the control tummy ones? :lol:

but in all seriousness- pantyhose or something similar would help with the circulation.
Pantyhose is great to not only help keep you warm it reduces the friction & helps keep down the owies 8) 8)

Have a good friend who ended up on horseback for a manhunt (prision break) & he was in the saddle from sun rise to sun set. He called before the manhunt & I told him to get a pair pr pantyhose, rip out the crotch & wear under his uniform. He thought I was off my rocker, but that night when he could hardly walk his wife purchased him a pair of them.

That was the end of his problems other than being a little sore, but nothing like what he suffered thrugh the previous day :D :D

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
Sometime I'll tell ya the story about soaking my socks in olive oil & smearing crisco all over the feet :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Some bikes are better suited to long rides than others - and it takes a bit of working up to 8 hour rides to make them comfortable. An aftermarket seat won't hurt either! 8)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
RampRat Sr said:
Sometime I'll tell ya the story about soaking my socks in olive oil & smearing crisco all over the feet :shock: :shock: :shock:
Were you swimming around South east asia on the wrong side again???? I keep telling my bud that watching his dog when he goes to sandboxes/jungles east and south he really ought to purchase some time with one of those Motorola irridium phones. I get the usual I've got to go and then a few months later I see we are invading somewhere far, far away!

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
1Adam12 said:
Were you swimming around South east asia on the wrong side again???? I keep telling my bud that watching his dog when he goes to sandboxes/jungles east and south he really ought to purchase some time with one of those Motorola irridium phones. I get the usual I've got to go and then a few months later I see we are invading somewhere far, far away!
It was in a Asian country that few people spoke English or liked English speaking people. However, I never got blister one (1) let alone a friction hot spot on my feet while almost everybody else had nasty blisters :D As a side effect my feet smelled like a Italian resturant :lol: :lol:

I always took a small shortwave radio as BBC was by far the best news/info source we had. Learned that trick from some Britts who never went anyplace with a tea brewing set & a shortwave.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts