Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Did this happen once or is a repeatable problem? If repeatable please provide exact details of how.

·
Registered
4,501 Posts
If it starts firing again, I would do a high speed test ride then stop & feel the coils >> they should be warm, not hot. press hard w your fingers & don't get burned by the valve cover. Mine were getting very hot to the touch, so I installed the green Dyna 3.0 ohm ignition coils. If the spark plug wires haven't been replaced, I would at the least redo the spark plug wire connections at all points >> unscrew the ribbed compression boots at the coils & untwist the wires from the spark plug caps. If they have the grayish oxidation, you could nip off the ends of the plug wires a tad.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Doesn't one coil fire 1 and 4 and the other fire 2 and 3? If so, you might need a coil? That's the way my ZN700 is wired.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just swap coils around from 1&4 to 2&3, but I think it's your stator.... or check them with a ohm meter, it shows how to on youtube....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Doesn't one coil fire 1 and 4 and the other fire 2 and 3? If so, you might need a coil? That's the way my ZN700 is wired.
Yes it does.

My first thought is it’s a coil or the connections to that coil.

As mentioned earlier, swap the coils over and if the problem is then on 2 and 3, it’s definitely a coil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts