Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1341 - 1360 of 1398 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Let's move a little bit this post.

Last weekend I did a long trip around Madrid and it's surroundings with my 800 Drifter:

Manzanares del Real Medieval Castle:

Puerto de los Leones:

Segovia:

Valdeskí Skiresort:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up a 1999 1500 this weekend.

hope to be adding one of these Velorex 762 so girlfriend will ride.

anyone in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia on this site with one?
Billy

·
Old Skool
63 Posts
Great pics on your trip around Spain. Hey yellow gizmo, is that a rattle can job on the lower pipe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
it has heat wrap on the lower pipe and probaly rattle job on it that the guy tried to take off, will probaly have to ceramic coat them later. I want the blacked out look.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. Does anyone have a line on a Fire & Steel BLACK engine guard/crash bar for an 800 Drifter? NOS or a clean used one OK.
Part number is K32000-037
Drop me an email at: mc2 AT usa DOT com

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm new and don't know if I'm in the right place but I was attempting to set my idle speed on my 2000 Drifter 800 when it stated to knock. I shut it off to investigate and found one of my shims in the valve spring have come out. My question is, since it was knocking for a few seconds, it it likely the valve was bent? I have not run a compression test yet.

·
Registered
995 Posts
The knocking that you heard was most likely the loose valve (clattering due to the missing shim) not the valve hitting the piston. Re-set the valves and fire it up.

·
Registered
80 Posts
hi guy's just thought i'd post a photo of my new wheels a 2001 1500 drifter

i've been after one for a while and just happend to be in the right place at the right time came with beach bars as well

·
Lets Ride!
442 Posts
I need a step by step on how you placed that luggage rack on the back. NICE.
I don't really have a step by step, but someone asked me the same question a while back and I took some pics of it off the bike (first three are on the bike). It's something I cobbled up one Saturday afternoon. This mount is highly adjustable and I'd think it's probably work for about and pack you wanted to mount. I used solid steel for the whole thing (I covered most of it with leather for looks), and used grade 8 nuts and bolts for not only tinsel, but sheer strength as well. It'll hold some serious weight! I've probably had as much as 30lbs in it at times (bag of dog food, cat food, milk, etc.), so it's a pretty sturdy setup. Here's a link to the pics: Tour Pack pictures by pcarrell - Photobucket

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fellow drifter riders,
Just gathering some info on how to store the drifter away for winter

NEVER FORGET!!!!

RICHIE

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi guys, new to the forum, just inherited my fathers 1999 drifter 1500 (he is now RIP), am upgrading from my Yamaha V Star. I have a lot to learn about this new bike. Any suggestions on new pipes? The stock ones look great but are so quiet. I'd like to keep the look but with a louder rumble, have not seen anything I like yet.

Norman
Melbourne Australia

·
Registered
114 Posts
i got the first set of Hard Krome pipes made for the Drifter, they fit perfectly, no fabbing. not to loud, not to quiet. nice chrome.
BUT i was just looking for them at J&P Cycles and they don't make them anymore or don't carry them anymore. You chose a very reliable bike, i bought mine new in 99 and have 32,000 miles on it and have only had to replace the Clutch Spring on it. To save buying a battery every 3 years get a Trickle Charger and whenever your not riding it keep it hooked up to the trickle charger. My 1st 2 batteries lasted 3 yrs each and since then the 3rd Battery has lived the trickle charger life and it's going on it's 8th yr. Welcome to the Drifter club Norman!

1341 - 1360 of 1398 Posts