Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1361 - 1380 of 1398 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thats the solo seat made by Kawasaki. The 1st 2 or 3 yrs of Drifters came w/passenger seats so they sold solo seats seperately then they reversed it by making solo seats stock and passenger seats aftermarket. should be able to find some in the for sale section. heres a link on ebay for Pipes.
Motorcycle Parts | eBay

·
Registered
995 Posts
A Classic seat (off a FI model) will fit with a "custom" set of attach plates. I put one on my 99'.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got back to Melbourne, rode 707 km (that's 439 miles for my US friends) today from Goulburn NSW to home on my dad's old 1999 Drifter 1500. Worst ride of my life! Temperatures were over 42 deg celsius (that's over 107 deg fahrenheit for those in the US). Combined with strong winds that made my neck ache trying to keep it upright. Never again without a windscreen on my bike. I desperately need a new seat, the original is past it's use-by date.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok this may be a dumb question but bear with me, I am not a mechanic. I have been looking for a good replacement exhaust for my 1500 Drifter but not happy with the choices I have seen so far. Therefore, has anyone removed / bypassed the large exhaust accumulator that is hidden behind the heat shield that gives the appearance of a two-into-one exhaust pipe junction and plumbed the exhaust straight in? Results, comments etc would be appreciated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok this may be a dumb question but bear with me, I am not a mechanic. I have been looking for a good replacement exhaust for my 1500 Drifter but not happy with the choices I have seen so far. Therefore, has anyone removed / bypassed the large exhaust accumulator that is hidden behind the heat shield that gives the appearance of a two-into-one exhaust pipe junction and plumbed the exhaust straight in? Results, comments etc would be appreciated.

It's called a "goat belly"

Removal instructions are here:

Goat Belly Gutting

Nice mod, by the way.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
My Drifter, in front of the Royal Aranjuez Palace. It was commissioned by Philip II and designed by Juan Bautista de Toledo and Juan de Herrera, who also designed El Escorial. It was completed during the reign of Ferdinand VI by the mid-18th century; Charles III had two wings added to it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Kenny,bike looks like it's going through the prep stages..LOL....coming right along well by the looks of things.What are you using to attach the serrated covers to the headers?The reason I'm asking is because I just got a set of them.Thanks for the help,my man.

·
Registered
80 Posts
A Classic seat (off a FI model) will fit with a "custom" set of attach plates. I put one on my 99'.

hi Duffy really like the seat on your bike I would like to fit one on my 99 1500 drifter did it take much adapting any info would be welcome cheers Phil

·
Registered
995 Posts
hi Duffy really like the seat on your bike I would like to fit one on my 99 1500 drifter did it take much adapting any info would be welcome cheers Phil
You just have to set the seat on the bike, frame width is the same as the Classic, and then you can easily see that the attach brackets just need to be a bit longer and moved back a bit (the solo seat is apparently a bit longer). A piece of .060 sheet steel works quite well for new brackets.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm new to the forum. I was looking for some information on how to change the shift fork on my 03 Drifter 1500 and I cant find the information anyway. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Bambam,welcome aboard,my man.There's a forum out there strictly for our Drifters with tons of info,mods and all around really experienced friendly people.It's called VDR Vulcan drifter riders.Take a look around there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dude that is one sweeet ride,my man!I'm digging that paint scheme big time.I noticed your missing the front brake cover or did you just remove that?Bike looks great

1361 - 1380 of 1398 Posts