Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1381 - 1398 of 1398 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
Hi there... somebody was asking about my serrated exhaust pipe covers, those came with my roadhouse exhaust - i got rid of them,. but the way they used to go on was with something that fit over the header nuts and got clamped in.

I blew up my engine on my way to VT from NJ

VT Trip Fail - Rear Cyl Exh Valve Broke 52k Miles Photos by mercury45 | Photobucket

Exhaust valve broke. It is going back together as I have recieved parts, but last night i broke the ACCT housing (another $80 i have to blow).... I need a salvage 800 as a spare HAHA

Anyway here is the final of the black out project...

Color Change Winter 2012 - 2013 Beige To Black Photos by mercury45 | Photobucket

a picture that is close to final (i will take more once i get bike back together...

DSC00430_zpsad4c5cbb.jpg Photo by mercury45 | Photobucket

Well, off to call dealerships

kenny

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi Spok, I totally agree! Owning a 800 Drifter is what lead me here. Since I bought my Drifter new in '04 I've only seen two others on the road! Definitely not a very popular bike and I like it that way. As soon as I get more familiar with this board I will be posting pics of my Drifter with intentions on sharing what mods I've done and helping other Drifter owners any way I can to the best of my knowledg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sick bikes. Got my 800 drifter laat week. Really like the batwing. Is it a memphis shades one amd if so which article number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello! Just bought a 2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, want to buy a good synthetic but didn't finalize the order because I have an option of a regular filter and a chrome filter. I am a bit confused, sure I can search it online but trust everyone's opinion here since it is a Kawasaki forum, so is it just for looks or does it do a better job of filtration....here is what I found with the two filters to choose from if you would like to see it, thank you! (sorry for this question, I am new to this)

www.searchforparts.com/motorcycle-oil-change/kawasaki-2002-vn-vulcan-drifter-800

·
Registered
Vulcan 500, Honda Valkyrie, Suzuki V-Strom 1000
41 Posts
Hello! Just bought a 2002 Vulcan Drifter 800, want to buy a good synthetic but didn't finalize the order because I have an option of a regular filter and a chrome filter. I am a bit confused, sure I can search it online but trust everyone's opinion here since it is a Kawasaki forum, so is it just for looks or does it do a better job of filtration....here is what I found with the two filters to choose from if you would like to see it, thank you! (sorry for this question, I am new to this)

www.searchforparts.com/motorcycle-oil-change/kawasaki-2002-vn-vulcan-drifter-800
The two Amsoil filters in the link you provided are the same internally. One is painted black and the other is chrome. That's it.

I'm an Amsoil dealer. As you are already working with another independent dealer, I am only offering information. Please don't take my answering as any attempt to sell you anything. That's not why I'm here on the forum.

·
Registered
2001 VN800 Drifter, Teal & White
6 Posts
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank

Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

This is my 2001 800 Drifter. I bought it July 2021 and managed only a few hundred miles before the weather here in England turned. So that was when I went ahead and did a complete colour change. I’d never painted a project like this before but after watching lots of YouTube videos I went ahead and learned loads along the way. Really pleased with the new look and the addition of the front fender light, lay down number plate holder and the rear fender stay covers I managed to get from USA and made some brackets to fit them. The rear luggage rack I made myself from stainless steel which I polished. Looking forward to getting out and about when the weather improves. Cheers 😀😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
View attachment 43819
View attachment 43822
View attachment 43821
View attachment 43820
View attachment 43818

This is my 2001 800 Drifter. I bought it July 2021 and managed only a few hundred miles before the weather here in England turned. So that was when I went ahead and did a complete colour change. I’d never painted a project like this before but after watching lots of YouTube videos I went ahead and learned loads along the way. Really pleased with the new look and the addition of the front fender light, lay down number plate holder and the rear fender stay covers I managed to get from USA and made some brackets to fit them. The rear luggage rack I made myself from stainless steel which I polished. Looking forward to getting out and about when the weather improves. Cheers 😀😀
Man I love what you did on yer Bike, very kool paint job, nice colors and pattern, very Nice. Just wanna hop on it on go riding. Didn't know if this forum was dead or not. I'll post updated pics of my 99 1500 Drifter tomorrow. Thanx for yer pics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Man I love what you did on yer Bike, very kool paint job, nice colors and pattern, very Nice. Just wanna hop on it on go riding. Didn't know if this forum was dead or not. I'll post updated pics of my 99 1500 Drifter tomorrow. Thanx for yer pics!
Hey cheers Rlato. Yeah I have to be patient and wait for nicer weather. I will be working in the Far East until May so the weather should be perfect by the time I get home and will put loads more miles this summer. :):) Look forward to seeing some pics of your ride.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my 99 Drifter, bought it new on 5/99 and it's #2138. I've put on 57,480 Carefree miles since then.
Outside of Tires and Batteries I've had to replace the Clutch Spring twice, next time I'm updating it with
new Gear and Spring, won't be long as they only last about 20,000mi. Thats the only wrenching I've had to do on it, they're pretty much Bullet proof. It's still like new and gets 45 to 49MPG. Heres some fresh pics.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive lighting Vehicle

Fuel tank Tire Vehicle Automotive fuel system Wheel

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nice looking bike Rlato. Must be nice to have had one from new.

looks great. :):):)

1381 - 1398 of 1398 Posts