Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was riding home and the bike felt like really rough almost like something was dragging I got home put it up on the lift rear tire spun free front tire spun free everything checked out I checked my oil it was a little high so I drained some out and I can't tell if there's coolant in my oil or gas or water or what but I just changed it and it's at 182 miles on an oil change with 20w50 oil and it's already really dark my 800 has always lacked power but it seems like something more severe is wrong can anyone help assist me in what ?? I just bought a leak down tester I'm going to figure out the results of that in about an hour or two

02 Vn800b 20k miles. Scooterized intake true debaffled stock exhaust welded back together but with cobra mufflers with cobra baffles 1/2 baffle packing removed . Jetted 138(150)MJ 50pj 1.75 turns out AF screw
Tableware Drinkware Liquid Fluid Finger
picture is of my oil 182 miles after oil change did just change it due to petcock issues . I replaced fuel valve and changed oil and and that is all.

·
Super Moderator
2,569 Posts
Engine oil will go dark fairly quickly but that does not mean it is not doing its job. If concerned, send a sample away for analysis.

Do you have any reason to suspect gas or coolant is getting into the oil? Gasoline is easy to detect by its smell and coolant will turn your oil white. If you let your sample sit for 24 hours, does it stratify into layers?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's not white or anything but it just seems milky to me . Idk maybe I'm over thinking it. But I also have sweating or faint leak on bottem of the rear jug. Was thinking head gasket is in order

Also while I'm thinking of it. Any reason why my bike would give signs of being lean yet pull plugs and they're black and sooty but tan electrode??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts