Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bikeaholic, I've seen your handle somewhere else, you must fequent other bike forums.

The 800s a great bike, I haven't had mine too long but I've ordered a Mustang saddle to start and we'll take it from there. Take care.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yea,i go over to motorcylcle usa forum now and then and the h/d forum once in a while but i think i'll hang out here for a while cause i'm liking a dedicated kawi board and since its new
it may develope into an excellant source of info-looks like there is already some guys hanging around that know these bikes and maybe i can learn something-its been a while since i had a metric :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
v800....you are going to love that Mustang seat. since i got mine i can ride forever....before back hurt in 15 min. oh yea i got the back rest with it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've only heard good things about the Mustang seat. I'm getting the solo as I don't see me ever carrying a passenger. I'm a new rider at 63 and my wife is way too smart to ever ride with me.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Welcome to the site .

I ride an 800 also, it's not about what you ride it's about "The Ride".

BTW if your wife is so smart why did she marry you ? :lol:

·
Registered
17 Posts
my wife wont ride with me either....she has her own 500 vulcan....however after she tried my 800 with my mustang seat i may be riding the 500 :D :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
800 rider

I ride a 800 drifter and live in Mexico. am looking for info about changing my single spring suspension to a heavier spring. Got any ideas for me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just picked up my 2004 800 Classic on Friday night. I had the 2002 Nomad 1500 a while back and this one is just as nice. The power is incredible and so far I love it. I got the blue color, and I had them put the windshield and kuryakn grips on for me. So far I like it a lot. Can't wait to get through the break-in period so I can really see what she's got.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

she's got alot more than you think :wink: you just have to unleash it,with a few cheap
little mods you can get some real low end punch :lol:

your gonna love it-congrats

ride safe :wink:

·
Registered
16 Posts
vulcan800 owner

Hi bro',i'm from Romania,i'm a new vulkan800A owner,before i had an russian Dnepr 650cc.
Im lookin' for an service manual( maintenance) for my bike,to download from internet,someone help me?Thanks!
Wish u all "Happy Easter".

Blackrider-Romania

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i don't have that one-i have the solo saddle but i can tell you they are great seats
and fit well.i think its the first mod to do is get rid of that factory POS :lol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Duffy,
I just bought that seat for my 800A about 4 months ago. I've only put about 200 miles on my bike since, but the Mustang seat is far better than the stock one was on my bike. I bought my seat from allgear.net for $346. Saved a few bucks, and they even sent me a free shirt. You might want to check them out too.

http://allgear.net/

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
New guy to the forum just found it , got a 02 800a with a few mods these bikes are a hoot to ride in the twisties , also for anyone interested I have the corbin gunfighter with the removable drivers backrest and it's a comfortable improvement over stock which sucks. Dwaine
ps if anyone wants to know about some of the performance mods iv'e done just ask.

1 - 20 of 236 Posts