Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Custom 800
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone remember the 800 with a harley rear wheel. There was a guy on here several months back who was trying it. I was wondering what happen to the project. it would be nice to have options and to go wider. i remember the bike was blue and a bobber project but cant find it

·
Registered
887 Posts
hey josh, I wished there were options to, but not much because of that drum brake, the drifter with the disc rear brake maybe,HD's have been disc/disc since the late 70's . You could have a wider rim laced to your hub if you want to go wider.

·
Custom 800
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey josh, I wished there were options to, but not much because of that drum brake, the drifter with the disc rear brake maybe,HD's have been disc/disc since the late 70's . You could have a wider rim laced to your hub if you want to go wider.
hey cos, I was thinking the same thing. just need to find out which rim and how wide i want to go. I was thinking maybe 180-200 would be nice and maybe no mod to the swingarm or little modding. just trying to get all the info i can and do a winter project

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
I thought they would only fit a more narrow wheel, the big fat spokes would cause a severe bulge in it.
If you don't mind losing the speedo drive, adapting a wheel of any size or make would be easy enough, and gain you a disc brake setup too.

·
Custom 800
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yes i thought about the disc brake setup but that would be expensive to get right. i dont have the equipment to machine the parts needed either. but it would be a nice setup

·
Registered
91 Posts
I Used A 18/ 5.5 Ultima Spoke Wheel Off Ebay. I Used A Harley 3/4 " Axis And A Brake Caliper Off A Softtail That Had A 3/4" Mounting Hole For The Axis. I Welded A Tab On The A Frame For The Brake Caliper Guide And I Ordered A Sprocket From Sprocket Specialities With The Correct Amount Of Teeth But With The Harley Bolt Pattern. The Brake Pedal And Master Cyn. Is A More Difficult Area. I Used A Softail Master Cyn. And Fab. A System Using My Brake Pedal And Peg Mount. It Would Be Better And A Lot Less Headache To Use An Aftermarket Setup Of Some Kind.

Dont Have The Bike Anymore, Working On A 240 Setup For My 900 Now, Heres The Only Photo I Ve Got.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.