Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like a little louder sound out of the exhaust pipes. Is it absolutely necessary to do a stage 1 to put on louder pipes? Another thing on the sound level. I used to have a Harley 1200 Custom with screamin' eagles. That was too loud for my taste. I would like something about 1/2 way as loud. Anything out there that will work?

Thanks to all.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
AJ -It's not necessary to do the stage 1, but when you do on the 800 an ride it. I betcha don't want it back stock.lol -I.ve got V&H cruisers on mine an they sound great . You could gut the stocker's an see how that sounds alot of guy's like them for a while. All you would have to do with the gutted stocker's ,carburation wise is back out the air/fuel mixture screwabout a half a turn.But then again that's all you have to do if you just change-out the pipes only.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WC8. Hey, I want to get the specs on everything you did for the stage 1. What jet kits, air cleaner, brands, part numbers (ifavailable)etc. I know it will make a difference, I just want to get the sprockets changed first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts