Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Old bike guy
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at and tried several different routings for the clutch cable on my 1982 GPZ 750, but none of them seem to be right. When I bought this bike, it had a good clutch cable on it, though I don't know if it is actually the correct one. It looks like it may be the right one ( it has the adjuster in the middle of the cable run like the original and all), but no matter where I route it, the dang thing makes squawking, creaking noises when the steering is turned left and right and it does seem to drag some and kind of prevent easy, normal movement of the handlebars. I know that some manuals give cable routes in description or picture form. Does anyone have a cable routing guide for this bike? Or, does anyone have their cable in a route that gives no squawks or creaks? If so, I would like a little guidance on how it is routed. A couple of good pictures of the right route would be a GREAT help. If you can provide one (picture or a copy of a page that shows the correct routing), please email it to me at [email protected] and I thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts