Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Thought I'd share some pix from the 'teardown' process. Sorry about the contact sheet of shots, but I don't want to try to throw large attachments around :wink: .

Today I found that I have the rudiments of an electrical system still intact, oh joy.

Later,
Anders

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Anders,

Looks like you have made a bunch of progress!!!! When you are done with that one you can come do my BMW :lol: Just kidding :D

How long have you been working on it so far????

Heather

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Let's see, I had to clear enough room on my side of the garage ( my wife has the other :^) ) to start the disassembly process. This I did the same week as my first post here. So, I'd say I have about 3 weekends, 1 day each, in so far. I'm taking my time & I don't expect to have the engine/tranny cleaned up and running 'till after Christmas, if that soon.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Anders,

Keep up the good work and keep me posted on the progress. I love LTD's and can't wait to see it finished :D

We had clear cool weather here today, so I was out riding with Mack (husband) on his 550 and Josh, my oldest son behind me on the 750. It was a great day for ridin'

Heather

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Now thats a project! Should keep you plenty busy. I always have a hard time remember where I put things when putting it back together though.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
1Adam12,

Me tooo... :roll: .I have to label everything to make sure I put it back in the right place, especially engine parts cylinder numbers, etc.

Heather

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To those following the saga, I've got the clutch off & the plates look good, just a cleaning needed. The carbs are another story. I've got 2 torn apart & they are not in good shape. But I think they are salvagable. And so the story goes ...

Anders

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

hmmmm-how much to salvage as opposed to upgrade the carbs :twisted:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good question, and one I can't answer as yet. I have tossed around the idea of moving to a throttle body setup.

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
LTDs aren't that uncommon, you should be able to find a carb that is in better shape thru a salvage yard....check and see how much that would cost....might save you a bunch of labor and have the bike up and running quicker :D tooo.

Heather

1 - 10 of 10 Posts