Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Ok, sweet. Thanks. I wonder if I could do away with the airbox and put some sort of free flow air filter on each "carb"? I see that there is a sensor in the airbox.. And being DFI I wonder how it would work??
Do NOT attempt to modify the flow of the GPZ DFI system. The system is very basic and crude, but functions reasonably well once you understand the system, and perform a few preventitive mods. ECM Vibration as I understand was the problems for most of the Kawasaki DFI systems. The DFI mapping is slightly lean, and there is no real method of enrichening a DFI system. There was also some problems when the TPS would build up some corrossion and malfunction. My DFI functions perfect thus far.

· Registered
407 Posts
There, fixed it for you :)

It's easy to do on the GPz750 Turbo, just cut one wire and the fuel mileage drops by 30% :D
Ahhh yes.... "race mode" ?.... yea I did some lurking over at 750Turbo.com as well.... VERY cool site. I wished Kawi had pre-planned a similar mod in the 1100's as well

· Registered
407 Posts
I am not sure what fuel tap it is. When I removed the tank, it ran fuel no matter what position it was in.
There is 3 fuel petcock lever positions, "on" , "reserve" (when "on" fuel flow gets depleated), and "off" . IMO "off" really doesn't have a need on Kawai's DFI bikes, as excessive raw fuel can't be introduced into the engine (or leaking out onto your floor) when parked. "Off" is needed for 25 year old, gravity fed, carburated bikes with "questionably worn" carb inlet needles and seats.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.