Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have one of these? If so can they help. I bought it as a non-runner, sat in a shed for 5 years. I checked and got it running, badly, before I started stripping it for a frame paint. The bad weather in Scotland means corrosion is a BIG problem. It was originally imported from the states.

I stripped it, bit by bit. I never intended to completely strip it but did in the end. My problem is the wiring. I have it back together and everything is working - a shock in itself as I am a complete novice and didn't take pictures of te wiring loom. The only thing that doesn't work is the started motor. I know there is a power supply to it and that it earths to the frame (doesn't it?). Problem is somewhere there is no power getting through. What I need to know is what wire to check from the battery, throught= to the ignition and back to the starter. i have a manual, which i used to get the wiring back together, but the main loom in the light cluster still has several unconnected wires. Some of which, judging by the dirt, have never been connected - but I am convinced I am missing the one connection that will send power back down to the starter. This is a fairly specific problem - but can anybody help.

I have spent weeks and all my spare cash on this bike, and this is the only thing holding me back. It's got so bad I don't even want to try again as I want to hold onto what hair I have left.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
It should receive it's ground through the mounting to the engine. One large positive cable attaches to it that comes from the solenoid. Check to make sure you have power to the solenoid then check to see if the solenoid is working when you press the start button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts