Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding/cleaning the carbs on my '82 Kaw and have run into a sticker shock situation...

The diaphragms need to be replaced. One has a very visible tear in it. When I was at the dealership ordering parts to rebuild the carb, we looked up that part (also referred to as a Vacuum piston or throttle slide).... it popped up at $198!!!!!!! And I very likely need to replace both. Were I to go through the dealership, including the other parts I ordered, it would cost me what I paid for the bike ($600) in the first place just to get it running again. :x

Now, doing a search at a few parts sources, I've gotten as low as $155 for one.

Can any of you give me some help here? Places to look, really, is what I'm looking for, or a good used parts source.

I'm relatively new to this grand motorcycling thing and I understand that sometimes the hunt for parts can be no cheaper than with cars. Surely there is a viable alternative for thsi stupid little 4" long part that doesn't cost $200 just for one.

AAAAAUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

·
Registered
9 Posts
email

email the guys at tj's cycle in calgary alberta, they have a used bike graveyard full of crap, whatever you need..its the best place for motorcycle needs, and they dont care what type of bike you drive they help with everything

·
Red is Faster
1,237 Posts
Remember, used is OK on a lot of items, be cautious with used rubber / neoprene parts. They’re most likely just as old as the piece you're replacing. Not posting this to dash your hopes. Make sure they'll replace / refund.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts