Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Looks very nice but the decals are 83, A1 rather than 84. The trimming around the fairing says 84 though, does the fairing have infill panels?

It could be a resprayed A2 or late registered A1, lovely bike either way.

Edit: it’s worth knowing because the A1 fairing is different from the A2 onwards and not interchangeable without the correct mounting brackets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks very nice but the decals are 83, A1 rather than 84. The trimming around the fairing says 84 though, does the fairing have infill panels?

It could be a resprayed A2 or late registered A1, lovely bike either way.

Edit: it’s worth knowing because the A1 fairing is different from the A2 onwards and not interchangeable without the correct mounting brackets.
Vin check states 84

·
Registered
408 Posts
If the rear of the headlight is covered and there is a bracket on either side that fastens the indicator and mirror to the fairing mounting frame, then it’s an 84 registered A1 and the paintwork is correct.

Whatever, it’s a lovely bike and with that mileage, the engine should be a peach.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If the rear of the headlight is covered and there is a bracket on either side that fastens the indicator and mirror to the fairing mounting frame, then it’s an 84 registered A1 and the paintwork is correct.

Whatever, it’s a lovely bike and with that mileage, the engine should be a peach.
Yep 84

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am restoring an (82) GPZ 750 at present. About 85-90% complete. Having some carb issues I can't seem to figure out. Won't idle without choke. I have cleaned so much that the carbs need zippers to access the float bowls. New floats, seats etc. I wonder if it could be something other than carburetion. Really puzzled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am restoring an (82) GPZ 750 at present. About 85-90% complete. Having some carb issues I can't seem to figure out. Won't idle without choke. I have cleaned so much that the carbs need zippers to access the float bowls. New floats, seats etc. I wonder if it could be something other than carburetion. Really puzzled.
Hate to say it but you're going to have to get back into those carbs your idle circuit is plugged up, everything from the idle circuit passages to pilot jets has to be cleaned out. Once the carbs are disassembled, I use a can of carb cleaner and compressed air to make sure all passages are free and clear.

·
Administrator
4,455 Posts
Hate to say it but you're going to have to get back into those carbs your idle circuit is plugged up, everything from the idle circuit passages to pilot jets has to be cleaned out. Once the carbs are disassembled, I use a can of carb cleaner and compressed air to make sure all passages are free and clear.
Either that or you have a vacuum leak. Try tightening all the carb clamps and if that does not work use an unlit propane torch to search for the leak, outdoors of course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts