Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
WFO Enthusiast
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a cam timing diagram? I need to verify my cam timing is correct and I don't have a manual for this bike.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hi: I intended to buy a GPZ1100 a wile back and bought the manual for a 1983 GPZ1100, or very specifically a ZX1100-A1. It is an original Kawasaki factory publication. It does show how to check cam timing via a bunch of specific markings on the sprockets on the intake and exhaust cam. I hate to be overly mercinary, but if you know how to put 30$ in my paypal account, I'll mail it out, postage being my cost in the 30$.

·
WFO Enthusiast
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I may do that, but that won't help me get this done this weekend.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
My factory manual for my bike says it's also for the 1100 B models which are 81-82 but doesn't say whether it's the same for yours. My Clymer manual states that it covers the 81-85 1000's and 1100's which indicates that they are the same. If you want that info I can post it.

·
WFO Enthusiast
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My factory manual for my bike says it's also for the 1100 B models which are 81-82 but doesn't say whether it's the same for yours. My Clymer manual states that it covers the 81-85 1000's and 1100's which indicates that they are the same. If you want that info I can post it.
Ok...I'll give that a try

·
Registered
310 Posts
txturbo:

There is a complete base manual for your bike posted on www.kz1000r.com (you'll probably have to join but it is a reputable site...I moderate over there)...I also have the supplemental manual for the ZX1100A1/2/3 and have copied the two (2) pages that refer to your bike and cam timing. Email me your address and I'll send you those two pages (PM me on KZrider.com - Home ).

Michael

·
WFO Enthusiast
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
txturbo:

There is a complete base manual for your bike posted on www.kz1000r.com (you'll probably have to join but it is a reputable site...I moderate over there)...I also have the supplemental manual for the ZX1100A1/2/3 and have copied the two (2) pages that refer to your bike and cam timing. Email me your address and I'll send you those two pages (PM me on KZrider.com - Home ).

Michael
Thanks Michael...I just registered over there but I have to wait until I'm approved. No idea how long that will take.
Thanks!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'll be soon...although I can't approve memberships there ... I can prompt the site owner and he is usually pretty fast.

EDIT:
You are a member as of now.

·
WFO Enthusiast
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be soon...although I can't approve memberships there ... I can prompt the site owner and he is usually pretty fast.

EDIT:
You are a member as of now.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts