Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks, I recently acquired a 1984 GPz1100 and am in the process of re-habbing it. All I have for a repair manual is the Clymer piece of s___t and one of the many things missing is the inclusion of this model in the table showing the proper fork oil level.Anyone out there have the specs on this?, or even better a recommendation on a better manual. Thanks for any help! Will

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
A better manual? That's easy, the Factory Service Manual is the best available, and you can probably order it from a Kawasaki dealer, or find it on eBay.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey Folks, I recently acquired a 1984 GPz1100 and am in the process of re-habbing it. All I have for a repair manual is the Clymer piece of s___t and one of the many things missing is the inclusion of this model in the table showing the proper fork oil level.Anyone out there have the specs on this?, or even better a recommendation on a better manual. Thanks for any help! Will
Taken right from the GPz1100 "A" series OEM suppliment manual:

Front fork oil capacity: 244 mL

oil level: 216 mm +/- 2mm

Air pressure: 0-14 psi

Try to find a GPz1100 A1/A2 suppliment manual they are NLA, but they do pop up on ebay from time to time: Kawasaki p/n 99924-1038-01

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Taken right from the GPz1100 "A" series OEM suppliment manual:

Front fork oil capacity: 244 mL

oil level: 216 mm +/- 2mm

Air pressure: 0-14 psi

Try to find a GPz1100 A1/A2 suppliment manual they are NLA, but they do pop up on ebay from time to time: Kawasaki p/n 99924-1038-01
Thanks Polar Bus. I appreciate the info. Does the supplement manual cover most issues with this bike or is it just an update to the original? Will

·
Registered
10 Posts
fork oil level can be adjusted within spec.. which was already stated.. however depending on the type of riding you do, you might want to go more towards one end or the other.. less air will decrease chances of bottoming out, due to boyles law

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks Polar Bus. I appreciate the info. Does the supplement manual cover most issues with this bike or is it just an update to the original? Will
The "A" series suppliment manual has all the updated chassis specifications, wiring diagrams, updated valve train, and the Anti-Dive fork information. All the other common information and specs are in the "base" KZ manual (which is still available from Kawi BTW )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you to everyone for the info.I'm going to see if I can order the KZ manual and hopefully find the supplement on e-bay.I'm sure I'll be running into more problems as I put this thing back together and try to get it running again so I'll keep you posted.I will also try to get a few pictures of the beast on here once it looks as I hope it will.Thanks again.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a 1981 kz1100 shaftie. I have the Clymer manual as well as the original Kawasaki manual. The kaw manual is better and specific to my bike, however, the Clymer is just as usfull. I use them together which is more than the sum of the parts. So, get both, it's worth it!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a 1981 kz1100 shaftie. I have the Clymer manual as well as the original Kawasaki manual. The kaw manual is better and specific to my bike, however, the Clymer is just as usfull. I use them together which is more than the sum of the parts. So, get both, it's worth it!
Thanks chocohills, I was able to find an 83 supplemental manual on e-bay so I'm hoping that between that and the Clymer manual I'll be able to figure out most of my problems.Will

·
WFO Enthusiast
89 Posts
The supplement manuals contain everything specific to the GPz. Everything else is covered in the KZ manual. In theory anyway....I've found a couple of things on my 750 Turbo that got missed. Not covered in either manual.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks chocohills, I was able to find an 83 supplemental manual on e-bay so I'm hoping that between that and the Clymer manual I'll be able to figure out most of my problems.Will
Clymer manuals suck IMO. I had a Suzuki GS1100 Clymer manual and thought is was "ok" until I purchased the OEM Suzuki manuall. I found that the Clymer had very contradicting specs pertaining to my specific GS1100 "E" model so keep this in mind...

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
It's been a while, but I recall reading of someone contacting Kawasaki US and being told that they would gladly copy the manual for a modest cost and send it to him.

Worth a shot anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again to everyone for all the info.Is the KZ manual that a couple of you have mentioned the factory manual and if so is it still readily available? Thanks, Will

1 - 15 of 15 Posts