Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a completely stock 84 gpz1100, just wodering what actual rwhp is, not what stated rwhp. i also would appreciate any and all info, problem areas or advice you all may have as this is my first gpz and first fuel injected bike as well. thanx

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Congrats on the bike. I didn't know the Gpz 1100 were fuel injected?
Oh well - Your RWHP was probably around 80-90 - thats a guestimate, but has lots of potential to do more. Isn't your bike air cooled?

First piece of advice.

1. Get service manual or Haynes/Clymer books.
2. Dump all the fluids ( oil, brake fluid) unless recently changed and start your service records as CHIEF Mechanic
3. Check your hoses and tubes for wear inside and outside and replace.
4. Inspect your brakes, brake lines and throtle cables - oil them. I just found a broken throttle cable on my Ninja 900 and replacing it before it becomes a real problem.

More to follow

1Adam12 out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rwhp=rear wheel horse power
it's supposedly 120 at the wheel, but kawi service manuals had a history of UNDER-rating their horsepower, that's why i was wandering if anyone had dyno'd one.

the 84 gpz1100 has the 18mm wrist pins and the heavy crank, it is the core that most racers use, has all the go-faster goodies of its era.

it's also oil/air cooled in response to your earlier question

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The number reported is not RWHP it is HP at the crank....... The number at the crank will always be higher than the rear. The real world number is RWHP as that is what your bike will really create for you.

Displacement: 1089.00 ccm (66.45 cubic inches)
Engine type: In-line 4
Stroke: 4
HP (kW): 120.00 (87.6) @ 9000
Compression: 9.5:1
Bore x stroke: 72.5 x 66.0 mm (2.9 x 2.6 inches)
Valves per cylinder: 2
Fuel control: DOHC
Cooling system: Air
Gears: 5
Transmission type/final drive: Chain
Physical measures
Weight (incl. oil and gas): 266.0 kg (586.4 pounds)
Chassis/dimensions
Front tyre dimensions: 110/90-18
Rear tyre dimensions: 130/90-17
Front brake(s): Dual disc
Rear brake(s): Single disc
Speed/acceleration
Other specifications
Fuel capacity: 20.00 litres (5.28 gallons)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still looking for actual dyno results not book info. prob will dyno it myself soon. rode it yesterday briefly, was good but still in need of some tweeking. wish me luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts