Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have had this bike for 2 years laid it down found out it had already been dropped 3 other times so i have had the computer referbished new wiring harnesses new blinkers full kerker K2 exhaust carbs have all been balanced new air filter AND NOW the exhaust valve seals went never seen a bike smoke so much and burn so little oil in my life so i replaced them and to do that i had to take the head off before i did i took some nail polish and marked the cam gears and chain now i put it all back together and line up the chain perfect and turn it over with no plugs the marks never lined up again anyone know exactly how to set this cause if i cant figure it out its going to parts

·
Registered
95 Posts
1. The tensioner should be off the engine.
2. The crank should be at TDC 1-4
3. Both cams should have marks lined up with the heads
4. All slack should be out from exhaust side.
5. Count chain rivets starting at mark on exhaust cam. On my 750 you fall between rivets 45-46 when you hit the intake mark. I don't have a 1100 manual so you might call a Kaw dealer to check the rivet count. Other than that everything else should be the same.
Turning the engine over with incorrect cam timing can bend the valves. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts