Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced the clogged fuel tap and filter on my 1984 KN700. It appears the large grey hose carrying fuel to the carbs has broken off of something down there while I was messing with it and a short piece of plastic was broken off inside the hose.
My air vent hoses are all in place though. I have been searching for weeks for where this fuel line actually brings fuel into the carbs at. Somewhere down in the center of the carbs I think but I cannot find it. The 750 has a 3-way tap down between the center carbs, but the 700 (at least my 700) has no center tap. How in the world does fuel get in the carbs ??? Do I need to remove the carbs to find this connection ?
THANKS for any information!!
Bil

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I would remove the carbs. There's not a lot of room in that area, and it would be much easier to see what's going on with the carbs off the bike.

·
Navy Vet Search & Rescue
8,842 Posts
Should be the fitting in the center rear of of the carbs. I'll try to attach a section of the carb assembly with just the center 2 carbs showing the conector between them. Part 92005A should be where the line connects but may be broken off from the sound of your description.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the 3-way connector 92005 is what I was expecting to see from the service manual, but there's nothing there. I can't imagine how the entire connector could have broken off and disappeared. As much as I dread it, I think the carbs have to come off like A2rider suggests so I can eyeball this mess. Thanks so very much for your responses guys !

Bil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts