Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Young StaLLioN
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... This is my first day to this site and am now a new user... Finally got my first bike: '84 Kawasaki ZN1100 B2... Not too familiar with it though.. want to get new tires first thing and was curious if I can go a little wider on tread size... Front-- 110.90.18 Rear--140.90.16 I would like to go a little lower profile for handling and if possible, a little wider. This bike was received in non-running condition and had been garage kept and unridden for years. My father and I worked on it and spent a total of approximatley $50 including a $30 battery and it now runs like a dream. I have been riding for about 2-4 years and wanted to get on a sport bike, but my brother gave me such a great deal that I could not pass up. Also, my plans include an alarm and cover because my apt. complex has recently had a few vehicle problems... Any advice or experience is GREATLY appreciated.... Thanks guys... ~~Glad to be a new member~~

Michael

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

wow-that's a classic , i would stay with the stock size tires also just look for some high
traction tread patterns , being over 20 years old i would keep it as stock as possible :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi ive got the same bike and was concidering doing a job on it this winter . Can the head be removed without taking the motor out of the frame?

·
Queasy Rider
2,063 Posts
Yes, the head and even the cylinder block can be removed without taking the engine off the bike.

If you have more questions about your '84 ZN1100 I would suggest posting them in the vintage section of the forum. With the help of the forum members, I rebuilt my ZN1100 a couple of years ago and it runs like a dream.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts