Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new motorcycle owner here with some problems.
got a 85 kawisaki gpz 750 that wont start. it turns over and fires, because i can start it with starting fluid directly into the carbs, its got spark on all cylinders. it will sometimes idle with the choke on after i start it with starting fluid, but as soon as i put the choke off it dies. seems like it isnt getting enough fuel. i took the carbs apart and cleaned everything and still ahve the same problem. any ideas? I AM AT A COMPLETE STUCK.

·
Registered
407 Posts
hey guys, new motorcycle owner here with some problems.
got a 85 kawisaki gpz 750 that wont start. it turns over and fires, because i can start it with starting fluid directly into the carbs, its got spark on all cylinders. it will sometimes idle with the choke on after i start it with starting fluid, but as soon as i put the choke off it dies. seems like it isnt getting enough fuel. i took the carbs apart and cleaned everything and still ahve the same problem. any ideas? I AM AT A COMPLETE STUCK.
The all too familiar debris clogged carb pilot jets. The carbs need to be cleaned again. I suggest having a professional shop "dip" the carbs to guarantee ALL the passageways are cleared of debris.

·
This space for rent
687 Posts
Before you do anything else, install the air box and try it. Fixed the same problem on an 83 GPz750 I had.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
How is the battery?
Must be strong, good connections.
Have it tested and check fluid levels.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
How is the battery?
Must be strong, good connections.
Have it tested and check fluid levels.