Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mrgreen: I finally got my new bike up and running tonight! I bought it about three weeks ago running, but not drivable. The guy had redone the carbs, and put them back on to see if it worked, but hadn't put the aribox on, so It would idle fine with the choke all the way on, but die out as soon as you tried to give it gas.
I've been struggling trying to get the airbox boots on for the last two weeks and tonight I finally managed it. Haven't got it to idle yet, but got it going well enough for a test drive up the street and back. My 300.00 Ninja is ALive and drivable! Now I just have to scrape up the money for tires, turn signals and a new windshield and I'll be road ready. Still need to change all the fluids. Bleed the clutch etc, but I'm on the way! Thanks in large part to all the fine folks here who have helped me with advice. This place ROCKS!
Thanks all,
Happycat

·
itching to ride
2,238 Posts
I agree. I made mine do but plan on getting new ones when I get the extra dollars. I had to seal around a couple of them but I want new ones so if I got to tinker with the carbs it will be no problem getting them off and on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got to ride it some more this week. Just up and down my street a little so far but WOW!! Even though it still isn't quite right yet (grumbly at low speeds, idle with choke off is iffy and sometime stalls), Even though its got issues, this thing wants to fly! I haven't got it all legal yet so I can't really take it out and let it stretch its legs,... but we're getting closer!
I scored some turn signals from a newer ninja 600 (whole front fairing and windshield actually). I can use the signals, but the fairing doesn't quite fit...very close, but not quite. I may go back and see if I can get the bracket off of the 600 and make that fit as the new fairing is in much better shape. Mine's beat to hell and back.
I'm getting some fresh tires off that 600 as well. Hope to be all legal and road worthy in a week or two! Of course its about 33 degrees as I write this, so my riding will be limited to sunny day short trips to the supermarket for the next few months, but if its above 40, I'll be out there:biggrin:
Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.