Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally got my bike running! only issue now appears to be a severe gear whine, from the differential i thought. ive since discovered a mistake on my part...where the flange of the driveshaft bolts to the engine block around the output shaft....i didnt bolt it down *sheepish grin* however, would this really cause such an awful gear whine though? the sound grows with speed, has nothing to do with engine speed, which tells me its narrowed down to differential, driveshaft, or output shaft of trans. secondly, when engine is off, on centerstand, and in neutral, i spin the rear tire and there is a light clicking sound coming from the flanged area..is this indicative of anything in particular? thanks guys

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i went ahead and removed the front bevel gear, inspected it, and thats where the sound was indeed coming from..bolted down the flange and it appears to have stopped making that noise, though ill know for sure when i actually ride it, but i think the problem is solved. just posting this in case someone else with this bike needs this info, since evidently no one here knows about it. :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts